Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Still awake

with little Cam. He's just starting to realize that he can open his little hands and stick them in his mouth. Silly little guy loves the fan. I mean REALLY loves it. If he's fussing, I can lay him on the bed and he totally will stop mid-cry to smile and laugh at the fan . . . just like they are long lost friends :) He'll be 2 months old this week. It has gone by so FAST.

Been doing research today . . . . cloth diapers or disposable????? Yes, disposables are SO easy. They are almost TOO convenient. I have been told by many that cloth are really NOT worth the trouble - they leak, they never fit right and you are constantly washing. Lately, I've even been told it's more expensive to do cloth with electricity prices rising. How can human waste, which is considered to be a Biohazard, be thrown into landfills without another thought???? It has to eventually come back to harm our health, right? Right now, we go through about 10 diapers a day, sometimes more. In 2 weeks time, that would be over 140 diapers. That would be over one full trash bag!!!!! When I think of this, I picture Wall-E (the movie) where the population had to be relocated due to their tremendous amount of trash taking over their planet.

On sale, disposable diapers cost me just over 30 cents each, where as cloth would cost me 8 cents each and that includes the cost of laundering (water, detergent, etc.). BIG difference! Also, I'd be avoiding the chemical laden disposables (did you know that they contain the same absorbent materials that have caused TSS???) . . . at the same time, I'd be saving the Earth:)

No comments:

Post a Comment